Formerly called Seeking Michigan, Michiganology is the online platform for the Michigan History Center, located in Lansing, Michigan. The Michigan History Center fosters curiosity, enjoyment, and inspiration rooted in Michigan’s stories. The website and digital archive are run by a small, but very dedicated team of historians and archivists. The digital archive houses more than two million records and new material is added frequently. A new website was needed to make it easier for staff to select, organize and connect elements in a way that supports the History Center’s mission. To accommodate “power users” that rely on the site to regularly research the archives, the new site also needed to offer quick access to the records these users seek.
- New “Michiganology” Branding and Style Guide
- Records Search Front and Center in UX
- Two-Day Content Strategy Workshop and Roadmap
- Featured Stories and Related Objects
- Custom Drag-and-Drop Content Components